The Union forces have their first troops!
Perry plastics and here’s the painting recipe:
- Prime with Halfords grey primer
- Jackets & Kepi - Foundry Union Blue shade
- Trousers - Foundry Union Trouser Blue shade
- Straps & Bags - Black
- Musket - GW Scorched Brown (highlight with Foundry Conker shade)
- Water Bottle - Foundry Slate Grey mid
- Water Bottle Strap - Foundry Boneyard shade
- Hair, beards, boots etc - Either black or dark/mid brown
Some of the hats and the odd pair of trousers were painted using Foundry Bay, Spearshaft or Rich Butternut.
Apply the GW Agrax Earthshade wash (well shaken first to avoid it giving too much shine), but not to the lighter blue of the trousers. Allow to dry fully. Then highlights of the base colours and lighter shades. Finally a quick spray of AP anti shine varnish. Basing as per my Confederate troops.