The Rifle team, including an NCO with a sten gun.
Sergeant (with a very bristling top lip) and the Bren gun team.
Again, I've really enjoyed these figures. They're a mixture of Artizan and Crusader models. As promised, here's how I painted them (if you're interested).
- Undercoat - Warlord British Uniform Brown spray.
- Trousers - VMC English Uniform (921).
- Smock - Foundry Moss mid (29B).
- Helmet - Foundry Forest Green mid (26B). The attached camo strips and/or leaves can be painted in any mixture of greens.
- Beret - Foundry British Redcoat shade (68A). Add a tiny bit of any dark red/brown for the base.
- Flesh - Foundry Flesh mid (5B).
- Webbing, packs, etc - VMC Russian Green (924).
- Rifle - Foundry Spearshaft shade (13A).
- Camo on smock - Patches of GW Scorched Brown (or VMC Flat Brown 984) and Foundry French Dragoon Green shade (70A).
- Water Bottle - VMC Flat Earth (983).
- Boots - GW Black then highlight with Foundry Charcoal Black mid (34B)
Now highlight with the original base colours. The next step is optional but well worth doing, apply a quick second highlight with the next colour in the Foundry triad or the VMC colour mixed with a little Foundry Boneyard light or VMC Dark Sand (847). Then I paint the weapons, cap badges, etc - just black followed by a very light drybrush of GW Leadbelcher. You could instead try a mid blue/grey instead of silver if you prefer.
Finish with a layer of good matt varnish such as W&N Galeria or W&N Artist's Anti-UV. I prefer the brush on variety. The basing was as described in the previous Paras post. Section number two and the PIAT team are well underway.