Friday, 21 August 2015

Vickers MMG

I've found my British platoon a little out-gunned compared to Panzergrenadier and Fallschirmjager platoons and their seemingly endless supply of MG42's ;o)  So, a quick word with the quartermaster and 'hey presto' ... A Vickers MMG.

Actually, I picked it up at Salute but it's taken me this long to realise how much I needed the extra firepower!

Also, here's a closer view of the "senior officer" I've painted for our recent "Monty" campaign (more on that in the next post!). Not quite a facsimile of the real man, but hey - this one is only an inch high!

A better view of the MMG. The gunners and the chap with the compass are Warlord figures. The other two, pistol and rifle, are from Crusader miniatures.

I like the fact that the machine-gunner has his tea mug strapped to his backpack.

Oh, and the barn and fences are by Charlie Foxtrot models.

5 comments:

Stefan (aka. Monty) said...

Good job. That crew is looking very nice.

Rodger said...

Fantastic looking additions Matt!

Paul O'G said...

Great job Matt! Not very portable, but an emplaced Vickers is a Tommy's best friend!

Matt said...

Thanks chaps! :-)

Can you guess how "well" it did in it's first game?

Matt

Moiterei_1984 said...

I guess they didn't really perform that good on the table. But hey, do newly painted figures at any time? Very nice work btw.