It's also my first attempt at any sort of real camouflage scheme - "Splinter Pattern". All the figures are from Artizan Designs.
I found the following links very useful in getting to grips with what turned out to be a relatively straightforward (if a little time consuming) camouflage scheme.
- The WWS guide on YouTube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p8l3q1uK2tM (My thanks to Phil for the tip!)
- Fellow blogger moiterei_1984 (again, thank you!) has a very useful tutorial here http://www.lead-adventure.de/index.php?topic=64023.0
- Artizan's own Camo guide http://www.artizandesigns.com/guides/germanpatterns.pdf
Here's a couple of slightly closer shots.
I used the following painting "recipe"...
- Grey - either Foundry Slate shade followed by Vallejo Grey Green, or just Grey Green highlighted with a Grey Green / Foundry Boneyard mix.
- Fieldgrey - Vallejo German Fieldgrey highlighted with the base colour and a little Boneyard.
- Camo - Rawhide light, wash with Agrax Earthshade, highlight with Rawhide light, then apply the pattern using Foundry Bay Brown shade, then highlight with Bay Brownlight. Then either Foundry Forest Green or Foundry Nap Dragoon Green shade/light.
- Skin - Foundry Flesh triad.
- Rifle - GW Scorched follwed by Foundry Conker Brown shade.
- Knapsack - Foundry Buff triad.
- Belts/straps/boots - mostly black highlighted with some very dark grey.
- Basing - Sand/grit painted with (all Vallejo) Leather Brown, Flat Earth, Goldbrown and Dark Sand.
Hope you like them!