This is also my entry for the third bonus round of the Painting Challenge which has a theme of vehicles; so that's 15 points for the vehicle itself and an extra 50 points for the bonus! I've really enjoyed painting this and plan to add another with a commander peering out of the hatch. Scarab have an excellent A/H officer with binoculars in one of the HMG packs that would be ideal.
The painting recipe was:-
- White undercoat
- Solid basecoat of Foundry Granite mid
- Light wash of thinned GW Devlan mud (now Agrax Earthshade?)
- Further (less thinned) Devlan mud wash to pick out all the rivets/bolts and other little features.
- Drybrush with basecoat taking care not to obscure the weathering from the washes!
- Final very light drybrush of Foundry Granite light just to pick out the edges.
- Tyres - black then Foundry Slate Grey shade
- Chain/hmg - black, GW Tin Bitz, GW Boltgun Metal
Here's a slightly closer shot.
I must credit my lovely wife for the idea of the cross insignia. I had tried to paint some on a scrap of card but they always looked lop-sided or just plain rubbish. So she suggested printing somthing suitable in best quality on very thin paper. The Wingdings font has a suitable cross. Carefully trimmed, glued and covered with some matt artists varnish it does the job perfectly.
Next, more infantry!