It was good to see so many people turning up to pay their respects.
As a painter, modeller, gamer and blogger with a keen interest in military history, especially the Great War, I believe that remembering the fallen and the wounded from past and current conflicts is particularly important.
- They went with songs to the battle, they were young.
- Straight of limb, true of eyes, steady and aglow.
- They were staunch to the end against odds uncounted,
- They fell with their faces to the foe.
- They shall grow not old, as we that are left grow old:
- Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
- At the going down of the sun and in the morning,
- We will remember them.
- They mingle not with their laughing comrades again;
- They sit no more at familiar tables of home;
- They have no lot in our labour of the day-time;
- They sleep beyond England's foam