Saturday, 3 August 2013

Crumbs! New Painting

Yes, you read the title correctly! I have finally managed to put brush to model again. Whilst tidying up in the man cave recently I found some partially painted Vikings and was inspired to finish them off. Here they are.

Starting with four Bondi archers to bring the unit up to a more useful 12 figures.


And again.



The others are a small group to Bondi to top up two larger units both to 24 figures.


A point worth noting here is that I've given shield painting a go! I didn't have transfers suitable for the four figures with larger shields so I gave them simple halved or quartered patterns and I'm rather pleased with them.



The other four use the splendid LBMS dark ages transfers.


All painted in my usual base colours, a light brush of 'dip, varnish, then highlights. It's been a real pleasure to get painting again.

The Wargames Table will be taking a short break soon to enjoy two weeks in France. I've plenty to read and I may even take some figures to paint - possibly some Normans for Saga.

7 comments:

Dalauppror said...

Greate work !

Glad to see you are on to the painting again:)

Best regards Michael

Moiterei_1984 said...

Nice job! These vikings look like they're up to the job.

DeanM said...

They look great - vibrant yet realistic colors and great basing too. Best, Dean

Andrew Saunders said...

Nice work and the shields are just fine as they are

Rodger said...

Excellent Matt! Very nice fig's and basing!

Sidney Roundwood said...

Splendid, Matt! Really splendid! I really like the shields you've done. Often freehand just gives that unit a very personal touch - there's so much more you can do when you're painting them yourself. Wonderful - and have a great holiday in France!

DMack said...

Hi, I am new to this world. I stumbled here looking for a place to buy viking figures for a tafl (viking chess) set I am going to make. I really like what you are all doing, so I thought it would be fun to try my hand at this. Where do I start? Where do I go for the figures, I live in Norway so web pages are best.
Thanks for any help.