As I mentioned in the last post, I wanted to do something slightly different for the bases of my latest batch of BEF. For bases I usually do something like PVA glue, some coarse sand/grit, followed by ordinary beach sand. Then it's base-coated a muddy brown and highlighted with 2 - 3 lighter brown or cream colours. To finish, add a garnish of static grass!
So I decided to try doing a little pile of rubble. I also thought about adding some corrugated iron and possibly some barbed wire, but I did not want the bases looking too 'busy'. Here's my first efforts.
I think that the addition of some iron and wire would have been Ok. I may do this for my Germans or any further British. Also, the rubble is a little too 'new'. But I'm still quite pleased with the results. Anyway, hope you like them.
In answer to Sidney's question ... The two-figure bases are going to form the core of each of my Company Command groups. I've done them like this so as to make it easy to spot the command group when playing 'The Great War'.
And finally ...
I couldn't resist adding a picture of the (Scarab Miniatures) "Ernest carrying wounded comrade" figure now that they're based ;o)