Sunday, 26 June 2011

Recent Progress

June has been quite a hectic month, so that and the continuing problem with my hands, have meant that recent progress has been slow. However, I have managed to finish some more barbed wire sections. This time I've made the wire a bit darker and added lots of GW Chestnut Wash to give a rusty appearance.

More barbed wire
(click for a larger image)


I've also made some progress with the next batch of the BEF.

BEF work in progress
(click for a larger image)


The miniature Eiffel Tower is there to remind them of the of the fun they can expect when not in the lines!? Anyway, when these are done I have a Vickers HMG team, two more platoons and a tank to paint for an approx 1,000pt battalion. Must keep at it!

6 comments:

Rodger said...

Very nice work. Barbed wire looks really effective. Brit's look very good too. How are you basing them?

Paul of the Man Cave said...

Lovely stuff - very effective!

Ray Rousell said...

Love the barbed wire sections, they look very nice!!!

Grimsby Mariner said...

Excellent work. Like that lot. Could you put together a tutorial on how you do your bases please? That colour scheme looks just the ticket for a project I have in mind.

Sidney Roundwood said...

These guys and the barbed wire sections looks really excellent. I like the darker rusty wash you're using on the wire!

Matt said...

Chaps,

Thanks for the kind words. I'd be delighted to put together a few words as to how I base stuff up. To be honest it's something I've become slightly obsessed about (in a good way) having looked at a lot of other figures.

When I complete these I post some "how-to" notes.

Cheers

Matt